an attempt to make a noise for Jesus

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Watch less TV 2

posted by noiz at 6:37 PM and (0) heard him

An update on my try to watch less tv post I made before.

The 21 day challenge is still on, though it has been hard to completely let go of tv but I have made some progress, I'm reading more and praying too.

I'm reminded of the following Scripture: "12 Therefore, my dear ones, as you have always obeyed [my suggestions], so now, not only [with the enthusiasm you would show] in my presence but much more because I am absent, work out (cultivate, carry out to the goal, and fully complete) your own salvation with reverence {and} awe and trembling (self-distrust, with serious caution, tenderness of conscience, watchfulness against temptation, timidly shrinking from whatever might offend God and discredit the name of Christ). 13 [Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure {and} satisfaction {and} delight." Paul to the Phillipians chapter 2 verses 12-13 (from the Amplified Bible)

I somehow feel so favoured, no I am favoured and strengthened by God as I tackle some of the crazyness in my own life. I find this out as I pray and as the Holy Spirit reminds of Scriptures as the one above. I never thought before that I have to work out my own salvation (verse 12) not in my own strength but by God's very own empowerment (verse 13). I have read these two verses before but never in context with each other. I feel so relieved, God himself is effectually working in me...

Prayer:Lord, strengthen me. Effectually work in me to will and to work for Your good pleasure, delight and satisfaction. I rely on You to strengthen me. You are my refuge. Thank you.

These fit in well too: "14 Do all things without grumbling {and} faultfinding {and} complaining [against God] and questioning {and} doubting [among yourselves], 15 That you may show yourselves to be blameless {and} guileless, innocent {and} uncontaminated, children of God without blemish (faultless, unrebukable) in the midst of a crooked {and} wicked generation [spiritually perverted and perverse], among whom you are seen as bright lights (stars or beacons shining out clearly) in the [dark] world, 16 Holding out [to it] {and} offering [to all men] the Word of Life, so that in the day of Christ I may have something of which exultantly to rejoice {and} glory in that I did not run my race in vain or spend my labor to no purpose." Phillipians 2: 14-16

Tomorrow's Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday on Sunday; may God bless all with the revelation of Jesus during these two important days.


Bookmark this post on - Del.icio.us - Furl - My Web -
Subscribe to this blog's Feed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 

Copyright © 2005-2006 Bankershanwell Ryngksai