an attempt to make a noise for Jesus

Monday, September 12, 2005

What to do when you get hurt?

posted by noiz at 7:33 PM and (0) heard him

Someone passes a comment on you (or yours) intentionally or not - and you get hurt. What do you do?

You could try everything from cursing to physical assault but you won't find peace or release. That is a guaranteed fact.


Well, one evening as I was tossing in my bed, hurting, thinking, wondering, full of anxieties and crying out to God for help over words that could leave me depressed for days. For such hurtful words were spoken against me and me by a person I really liked. But then God answered me in a whisper (I know, I know just bear with me on this one) I heard Him say, "Bless the person who hurt you".


That caught my attention and I remembered that there is a Bible verse that goes something like that. So I searched my Bible and found Luke 6:28 that say "Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you." KJV (read also Luke 6:27, 35 and Matthew 5:44)

So I got up and started blessing this person. I stood up on a stool, raised my hands and blessed this person with as many blessings as I could think of at that time. I paced my room while blessing this person. Oh boy I had so much fun blessing this person. And I felt such release, such peace, such satisfaction, such joy that words can't explain. Wow! It still excites me.

Then I remembered a prayer in Colossians 1:19-13, I prayed that prayer by faith for this person. Then I then sent an sms to this person saying that I just prayed for them and then I was done.


The next time some hurts me whether they meant it or not I'm gonna bless them. And the next time I am about to say something that could hurt someone else I'll just change my mind.

I hope this helps you. (Keep in mind that this will work effectively only if you have a relationship with Jesus Christ)


For the Glory of God.

Bookmark this post on - Del.icio.us - Furl - My Web -
Subscribe to this blog's Feed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 

Copyright © 2005-2006 Bankershanwell Ryngksai